I am always resolving to get more soignée, and it never quite coalesces. I think this is because more important things than putting on a great outfit (like putting on a pot of coffee) seem to intervene and more important things than slapping some makeup (tiny socks begging to be picked up) or bothering to accessorize (sinkful of dishes) cut me off at the pass. Then a mommy who did make the effort swishes by (or is in a photograph with me) looking fabulous and I realize that I have shuffled onto the slippery slopes of shlump.
It's a good thing I'll be getting up earlier.
Here are my all-time favorite style books to get me fired up:
The Bombshell Manual of Style
A Guide to Elegance: For Every Woman Who Wants to Be Well and Properly Dressed on All Occasions
I Love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style
No comments:
Post a Comment